FANDOM


  • One thing that I've noticed throughout Rebels is that Ezra's abilities as a Force user are growing rapidly. Is it possible that Ezra has more potential than Kanan, or that Ezra will surpass Kanan in the TV Show? This has been on my mind for a while so I wanted to ask.

      Loading editor
    • I've also noticed that he is growing fast. I also see this as a threat considering how he is being corrupted by the dark side. I think that the main problem is that Kanan isn't teaching him like a traditional Jedi, with the mainly pacifist ideals. He usually surpasses my expectations each episode. I wonder where Filoni will take this.

        Loading editor
    • Quite possible.

        Loading editor
    • I think Ezra should train with Asoka and travel to other Jedi temples. I understand that Ezra is not a normal Jedi but maybe training with Asoka and traveling maybe he can also try to find the grey Jedi and become strong in force

        Loading editor
    • I think he has a greater tendancy and potential with the force, but I don't think he's stronger.


      It's like Anakin and Obi-Wan (barring the fact that Anakin actually was stronger).

        Loading editor
    • Ezra >>> Kanan *Saber combat* (360 spin saber in the air,)

      Kanan >> Ezra *Force* (Still developing on force using.)

        Loading editor
    • More powerful? I don't think so. More potential? Probably.

      At the end of the day though I don't think it's about power or stats, I think it's about how in tune with the force one is, and how one harnesses said force.

        Loading editor
    • Let us just admit Ezra is stronger than kanan in power, (kind of, not much) but Kanan is more wise with the force.


      I don't really know.

        Loading editor
    • Quantus X II wrote:
      More powerful? I don't think so. More potential? Probably.

      At the end of the day though I don't think it's about power or stats, I think it's about how in tune with the force one is, and how one harnesses said force.

      Agreed

        Loading editor
    • MaximaMischeviousNeo100 wrote:
      Ezra >>> Kanan *Saber combat* (360 spin saber in the air,)

      Kanan >> Ezra *Force* (Still developing on force using.)

      Sure, Ezra is able to do a 360 spin in the air, but when it comes down to lightsaber combat, one user to another, (Kanan v Ezra for example) who would win?

      I personally believe it would be Ezra. Ezra was learning with the Sith Holocron, and that not only taught him new Force powers, but new forms of lightsaber combat. While Kanan is a fair combatant, he didn't train at all in between seasons 2 and 3. It's stated in Steps Into Shadow that Kanan detatched himself from the Force, also meaning dueling. What do you guys think?

        Loading editor
    • I think Kanan could beat Ezra. Ezra is still emotionally unstable, and kanan could easily exploit this.

        Loading editor
    • Quantus X II wrote:
      I think Kanan could beat Ezra. Ezra is still emotionally unstable, and kanan could easily exploit this.

      Yes, Ezra is very emotionally unstable, but in my opinion, Ezra would win because of his training with the holocron, and with Kanan not training at all. But that's just my opininon. Ezra would probably win 6 out of 10.

        Loading editor
    • Which is why Ezra should be teaching Sabine instead... (I'm not a Sabezra shipper by the way.)

        Loading editor
    • MaximaMischeviousNeo100 wrote:
      Which is why Ezra should be teaching Sabine instead... (I'm not a Sabezra shipper by the way.)

      I absolutely ship Ezrabine! 

      Anyways, in the midseason trailer, Rau and Ezra are watching Kanan train Sabine. Maybe after Kanan and Sabine train, Ezra will train her and Kanan will... listen.... *cries*

        Loading editor
    • Snowyclaw
      Snowyclaw removed this reply because:
      I changed my mind about what I said
      00:42, January 13, 2017
      This reply has been removed
    • Okay I just listened to a podcast interview and Freddie Prinze Jr. said this,

      "In season 3, Ezra is outgrowing Kanan. By the time the series is over, Ezra will be far more powerful than Kanan ever was."

      Does this mean that we will actually see Ezra use the force in more amazing ways? Kanan impressed me with holding the bridge on Genosis, but Ezra has done mind-control. Kanan seems to be becoming more powerful, but FPJ said that Ezra would be FAR MORE POWERFUL than Kanan would ever be. In season 4, or even the season 3 finale, I would like to see Ezra doing feats with the Force that even surprise Kanan. In season 4 Ezra will be 19, (considering that Dave said we would see the battle of Scariff through the rebels eyes) and he would have time to grow his ablilies even more.

        Loading editor
    • Quantus X II wrote:
      I think Kanan could beat Ezra. Ezra is still emotionally unstable, and kanan could easily exploit this.

      I'm gonna say no on the whole "Ezra's emotionally unsatable thing." He's not emotionally unstable, it's just that when it comes to Maul, he sometimes gets way overstimualted. I'm pretty sure veryone on the team has something like that in their lives. Especially Kanan.

      Kanan would win anyways. He's got the superior saber skills, more experience in combat and more experience and much more discipline with the force. I might even go to say he's got more raw power and force, with the force as well. Even if he was somehow outclassed by Ezra, remember Obi-Wan had to go up against Anakin and still won. Granted it was due to a stupid plot point and Anakin's hubris, but he still technically won so I think Kanan could handle Ezra.


      MaximaMischeviousNeo100 wrote:
      Which is why Ezra should be teaching Sabine instead... (I'm not a Sabezra shipper by the way.)

      I'm pretty sure both Kanana and Ezra are taking part in Sabine's training.

        Loading editor
    • Moonlight Guidepost wrote:
      Quantus X II wrote:
      I think Kanan could beat Ezra. Ezra is still emotionally unstable, and kanan could easily exploit this.
      I'm gonna say no on the whole "Ezra's emotionally unsatable thing." He's not emotionally unstable, it's just that when it comes to Maul, he sometimes gets way overstimualted. I'm pretty sure veryone on the team has something like that in their lives. Especially Kanan.

      Kanan would win anyways. He's got the superior saber skills, more experience in combat and more experience and much more discipline with the force. I might even go to say he's got more raw power and force, with the force as well. Even if he was somehow outclassed by Ezra, remember Obi-Wan had to go up against Anakin and still won. Granted it was due to a stupid plot point and Anakin's hubris, but he still technically won so I think Kanan could handle Ezra.



      MaximaMischeviousNeo100 wrote:
      Which is why Ezra should be teaching Sabine instead... (I'm not a Sabezra shipper by the way.)

      I'm pretty sure both Kanana and Ezra are taking part in Sabine's training.

      They are! (I'm really excited about Ezra training Sabine!)
      File:KananTrainsSabine.jpg
      File:EzraTrainsSabine.jpg
        Loading editor
    • I'm going to say no on the saber combat. But everything else you said was right.

        Loading editor
    • It's a tough call, to be honest. Kanan has more experience, but he never completed his training and also spent years hiding the fact that he was a Jedi. Ezra shows great potential and rapid growth, but the sum of his knowledge is from a master who never finished his own training, a couple of Holocrons, and a Sith-turned-Nightbrother.

        Loading editor
    • Voltron23 wrote:
      It's a tough call, to be honest. Kanan has more experience, but he never completed his training and also spent years hiding the fact that he was a Jedi. Ezra shows great potential and rapid growth, but the sum of his knowledge is from a master who never finished his own training, a couple of Holocrons, and a Sith-turned-Nightbrother.

      I think with a bit more experience, he could even out all of those teachings and become a grey Jedi. We already know because of Holocrons of Fate, that Ezra has the ability to open both of the Holocrons, so he's already leaning towards the middle.

        Loading editor
    • Snowyclaw wrote:

      Voltron23 wrote:
      It's a tough call, to be honest. Kanan has more experience, but he never completed his training and also spent years hiding the fact that he was a Jedi. Ezra shows great potential and rapid growth, but the sum of his knowledge is from a master who never finished his own training, a couple of Holocrons, and a Sith-turned-Nightbrother.

      I think with a bit more experience, he could even out all of those teachings and become a grey Jedi. We already know because of Holocrons of Fate, that Ezra has the ability to open both of the Holocrons, so he's already leaning towards the middle.

      It is certainly a possibility, though I would like the route better if he took it through the Bendu and Ahsoka's inspiration rather than the middle road between his two polar opposite means of instruction. It is certainly more appealing than the sentiments of many fans that he's either going to be killed or turn to the dark side, if not both.

        Loading editor
    • Voltron23 wrote:

      Snowyclaw wrote:

      Voltron23 wrote:
      It's a tough call, to be honest. Kanan has more experience, but he never completed his training and also spent years hiding the fact that he was a Jedi. Ezra shows great potential and rapid growth, but the sum of his knowledge is from a master who never finished his own training, a couple of Holocrons, and a Sith-turned-Nightbrother.
      I think with a bit more experience, he could even out all of those teachings and become a grey Jedi. We already know because of Holocrons of Fate, that Ezra has the ability to open both of the Holocrons, so he's already leaning towards the middle.

      It is certainly a possibility, though I would like the route better if he took it through the Bendu and Ahsoka's inspiration rather than the middle road between his two polar opposite means of instruction. It is certainly more appealing than the sentiments of many fans that he's either going to be killed or turn to the dark side, if not both.

      I highly doubt that Ezra will turn to the dark side. He seemed to make that clear in Visions and Voices when he was yelling at Maul. I do think that Ezra is going to die, alongside Kanan. Unless both Kanan and Ezra die, Luke wouldn't be the Last Jedi. (Unless Kanan and Ezra both become Grey Jedi or something.)

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, Visions and Voices did make it seem unlikely that he'll turn to the dark side; I think it would take something pretty tragic to make him do so, and if he does it certainly won't be under Maul's tutelage. I could see Kanan and Ezra taking the middle path and thus not being considered Jedi, or not being considered by Jedi because they don't hold to the Code with attachments and such. Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Yoda came to believe that they were dead; he might have perceived their defeat on Malachor and thus assumed their downfall. I mean, the only reason he even really knew about the two of them in the first place was because of their trip to the Lothal Temple, and it's not like that's likely to happen again unless the Rebels are somehow miraculously able to liberate Lothal.

        Loading editor
    • Voltron23 wrote:
      Yeah, Visions and Voices did make it seem unlikely that he'll turn to the dark side; I think it would take something pretty tragic to make him do so, and if he does it certainly won't be under Maul's tutelage. I could see Kanan and Ezra taking the middle path and thus not being considered Jedi, or not being considered by Jedi because they don't hold to the Code with attachments and such. Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Yoda came to believe that they were dead; he might have perceived their defeat on Malachor and thus assumed their downfall. I mean, the only reason he even really knew about the two of them in the first place was because of their trip to the Lothal Temple, and it's not like that's likely to happen again unless the Rebels are somehow miraculously able to liberate Lothal.

      Yeah. I honestly don't want to see Kanan and Ezra die.

        Loading editor
    • It is hard to know which of the two reached their peak

        Loading editor
    • Atrocitus8 wrote:
      It is hard to know which of the two reached their peak

      I don't think either have them have reached their peak yet. As of now I think Kanan is closer to reaching his peak than Ezra, but I think Ezra has the potential to be more powerful than Kanan.

        Loading editor
    • Does anyone know in which podcast FPJ said that "Ezra's outgrowing Kanan in season 3" or how "by the end of the show Ezra will be far more powerful than Kanan ever was"???

        Loading editor
    • Maybe the show will end with a timeskip or Ezra will tap into something 

        Loading editor
    • Well Force power is always so hard to quantify, especially since everybody seems to pull the exact same tricks or appears to hold back from their full abilities. It's entirely possible that Ezra simply has more raw power with the Force than Kanan, not unlike Kyp Durron being stronger than Luke in the old Legends continuity.

        Loading editor
    • no

        Loading editor
    • How? How is Ezra stronger in the force than Kanan? Ezra began training in 5bby. Kanan, well, even earlier. Could it be that Kanan died? Of course he died in 2 or 1bby, but Ezra needs a lot more training time than days or weeks or months.

        Loading editor
    • Why are you guys still replying to this? This is thread is more dead than Pokemon Go.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Stream the best stories.

Fandom may earn an affiliate commission on sales made from links on this page.

Get Disney+