- “Slaves sent there last a few months, maybe a year."
"And for Wookiees, born in the forest, it's a death sentence”
- ―Sabine Wren and Hera Syndulla[src]
Kessel was a planet that hosted major mining facilities. The Galactic Empire operated a mining operation, employing numerous slaves, including Wookiees, to harvest spice. Slaves who were sent to Kessel worked in harsh, brutal conditions.
- Thrawn (Mentioned only)
- A New Dawn (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion (First appearance)
- The planet Kessel was first mentioned in the 1977 film Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and the 2015 film Star Wars Episode IIV: The Force Awakens. It's first canonical appearance was in Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion, the premiere of the animated television series Star Wars Rebels.
- The series used designs and concepts created for Kessel by Star Wars creator George Lucas, who developed its appearance, culture, and economy.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.