A Sphyrna-class corvette, also known as a Hammerhead Corvette, was an armed transport corvette ship used by the Rebellion, secretly donated by Senator Bail Organa as new additions. They were based on an ancient model used centuries ago before the rise of the Galactic Empire.
Phoenix Squadron used three Hammerheads in their growing Fleet against the Galactic Empire in many operations. The three corvettes, P1, P2 and P3, were delivered personally by his daughter, Princess Leia Organa, and successfully hijacked from the Jalath City depot.
Later, P3 was scheduled to meet with the rebel CR90 corvette Liberator when she was attacked the former Sith Lord Maul, who inflicted heavy damage to the corvette and boarded. Maul interrogated the crew on the Ghost's location and slaughtered the rest. He then left the damaged P3 floating in space to be discovered by Ezra Bridger and Kanan Jarrus, who were informed by an injured crewmember of Maul's attack and the capture of the Ghost crew.
These ships became a vital part of the Rebellion, more joining in when Mon Mothma transmitted her message, and escorting the rebels wherever they went. One of the corvettes, P2, was destroyed in the Battle Of Atollon. The other two, along with the Liberator, escaped to the Yavin Base.
- "A Princess on Lothal" (First appearance)
- "The Protector of Concord Dawn"
- "The Forgotten Droid"
- "The Mystery of Chopper Base"
- "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- The Hammerhead's design is inspired by similarly named transports seen in the Knights of the Old Republic video game series.
- The Hammerheads also appear in the live-action film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. During the Battle of Scarif, one of the Hammerheads is used as a ram to push a disabled Star Destroyer into a second Star Destroyer, knocking them into Scarif's planetary shield, disabling it, which allows the Rebels to transmit the plans for the Death Star from the surface.
- Each corvette was painted in a unique color to distinguish themselves. P1 was colored with orange markings, P2 sported red markings and P3 had faded yellow and orange markings.