On the planet Garel, Ezra was doing blaster training with Rex, using Chopper as a target while holding up a Stormtrooper's helmet. Ezra failed to hit the target, and the lesson was interrupted by Kanan who was looking for him. He told his apprentice that he was missing Jedi training, which was the same time he had blaster training. Ezra told them both he couldn't be in two places at once, only for Rex to tell him he must learn to prioritize unless he wanted to be a soldier. Kanan reminded Rex that Ezra was a Jedi not a soldier, only for Ezra to say out loud that he may not wish to be either. Just then Sabine showed up with orders to return to the ship for a meeting. In the common room, the Rebels were all gathered around the table where Commander Sato via Hologram instructed them to help the people of the frozen planet Rinn, who were experiencing an energy crisis. They needed to find them a new supply of fuel cells to power the heat they needed to survive otherwise the colonies would freeze to death. Ezra suggested they check out the black market, which Kanan and everyone else agreed to. With the briefing over, the Rebels headed out except Ezra and Chopper. Under Hera’s orders, Ezra and Chopper were left behind to clean the Ghost. While cleaning, Ezra began voicing his frustration over the number of responsibilities he had to the Rebellion and sometimes missed the days when he was just a kid on the streets. Suddenly they received a distress signal from Vizago’s ship, the Broken Horn. Ezra saw this as an opportunity to skip chores and square things with Vizago, since he owed him a favor. Ezra and Chopper boarded the Phantom, and after a rough take off they headed out into space.
Soon after departure, Ezra and Chopper had Vizago’s ship in sight. Ezra tried to make contact but there was no reply. They came up alongside the Broken Horn and docked. After boarding, they found the place quiet and deserted. Ezra and Chopper got separated during their search, and chopper came across a large supply of power generators, ones that the Rebels were looking for. Meanwhile Ezra came across some of Vizago’s droids, which all appeared powerless. He found his way to the main bridge, and instead of Vizago he met Hondo Ohnaka, who revealed himself to be the new owner of Vizago’s ship. When Ezra asked him about Vizago, Hondo revealed that he bet his ship and droids during a game of Sabacc and lost. Not wanting to reveal his true identity, Ezra introduced himself as Lando Calrissian, much to Hondo’s delight. Suddenly an Imperial ship showed up and opened fire on the Broken Horn for breaching an Imperial checkpoint. Ezra managed to get power back to the engines and Chopper showed up just in time to program the nav-computer and made the jump to hyperspace. After escaping Imperial forces, Hondo offered Ezra to assist him in a trade. When Ezra asked what the trade was, Chopper revealed it to be the generators he found earlier. Ezra said they were hard to get a hold of, as well expensive. Hondo agreed, which was why he planned to sell them at a fair mark up at five hundred percent. Ezra agreed to help and in return would get a cut in power generators; three crates. After Hondo agreed to two crates and split the profit, they sealed their deal with a handshake. Unnoticed to Hondo, Ezra swiped him of the controller to Vizago’s droids and gave it to Chopper for safe keeping, in case Hondo gave them any trouble.
They arrived at Nixus and docked with the station. Chopper stayed with the ship and Ezra went with Hondo to deliver the generators to their buyer, who turned out to be Azmorigan. He was expecting Vizago and Hondo told him that he was indisposed and given the privilege of conducting business with him instead. Apparently Azmorigan was not satisfied by this and had his men apprehend the two. Hondo and Ezra were handcuffed and placed onto a loading dolly. Azmorigan planned to launch them both into the vacuum of space, as there was bounty on Hondo and would make an additional profit from his death. When he turned to Ezra, he recognized him from his encounter on Calrissian’s farm. Hondo told him he was Lando Calrissian but Azmorigan revealed that he wasn't. After realizing Ezra was one of the Rebels who robbed him, Azmorigan bubbled with joy because he got to collect the bounty on Hondo, get his own back on Ezra, and keep the five generators. But when he noticed one crate was missing, Chopper suddenly charged in with the fifth crate. He collided with the other crates, causing them to fly everywhere and take out a few of Azmorigan’s men. Azmorigan opened fire and Hondo and Ezra took cover. Ezra got his Lightsaber back and returned fire. Armed with two blasters, Chopper chased after Azmorigan and caused him to lose his credits, which ended up in Hondo’s possession. Hondo was almost launched into space until Ezra used The Force to save him, resulting in revealing his Jedi identity.
Following Azmorigan’s retreat, Ezra, Hondo and Chopper departed from Nixus with the generators and headed back to Garel. Ezra has admitted his real name to Hondo and his responsibilities to the Rebellion, which he also admitted was too much for him. Hondo offered him a choice to become a pirate but Ezra wasn't so sure. Despite his dislike for the number of responsibilities he had he didn't really want to leave the Rebellion. On the other hand, Ezra felt he would do better as a pirate as Inquisitors don’t hunt them. Just then, Ezra and Chopper hear something coming from the brig and to their surprise found Vizago locked inside one of his own cells. He revealed to Ezra that Hondo actually shot him in back with a stun gun and disabled his droids before taking control of his ship. Ezra and Chopper set Vizago free and confronted Hondo on the bridge. Unnoticed to Ezra, Vizago swiped him of the controller to his droids while Ezra proposed a deal between the two; Ezra kept the generators and Hondo and Vizago split Azmorigan’s credits fifty, fifty. However, Vizago betrayed Ezra and turned his droids on him and Hondo. As the ship returned to Garel, Ezra and Hondo fought back against Vizago’s droids. Hondo escaped during the fight and stole the Phantom. Although he had his ship back, Vizago remained furious over losing his credits and sent Ezra and Chopper back to Garel in an escape pod.
Upon returning to the Ghost, Ezra and Chopper found Hondo with their fellow Rebels, since the Phantom’s autopilot was programmed to return to the ship. Hondo willingly gave up the generators but kept the credits. Then after giving each other their farewells, Hondo departed and Ezra returned with the Rebels.
- Taylor Gray as Ezra Bridger
- Freddie Prinze, Jr. as Kanan Jarrus
- Vanessa Marshall as Hera Syndulla
- Tiya Sircar as Sabine Wren
- Steven Blum as Garazeb Orrelios
- Dee Bradley Baker as Captain Rex / Imperial Technician
- Keone Young as Jun Sato
- Jim Cummings as Hondo Ohnaka
- James Hong as Azmorigan
- Keith Szarabajka as Cikatro Vizago
- This episode marks the series debut of Hondo Ohnaka, who appeared in the earlier show, Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- This is the sixth episode in which the Stormtroopers do not appear.
- This is the seventh episode in which Agent Kallus does not appear.
- This is the fourth episode to feature Vizago.
- Kassius Konstantine and Ahsoka Tano also do not appear in this episode.
- Ezra flies the Phantom for the first time in this episode.
- On the back of Hondo's jacket features his old pirate gang symbol, a design recently included among a collection of flags in a scene found in The Force Awakens.
- The favor Ezra owed Vizago was finally paid.
- This is Garel's second appearance, having appeared only in one episode prior in Season One.
- The music Hondo is listening to is the same as the music that Hondo and his gang listened to in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- A variation of Jabba the Hutt's theme is heard during Azmorigan's introduction.
- The Rang Clan is a criminal organization that was first mentioned in the novel Dark Disciple.
- Azmorigan travels in a SoroSuub luxury yacht, a design developed in the West End Games to represent Lando's personal ship, the Lady Luck.
- The spaceport on Nixus is based on the design of the Cybloc Transfer Station from the fifth season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Despite being seen at Hera's mission brief, this episode was the first where Zeb Orrelios did not have a speaking part.