"A World Between Worlds" is the thirteenth episode of the fourth season of Star Wars Rebels. It is the seventy-second episode of the series overall. It was released in tandem with "Wolves and a Door" on February 26, 2018 on Disney XD.
After passing through the portal, Ezra found himself in a realm of pathways and gateways. Meanwhile, Sabine was in Minister Hydan's custody, who hoped to persuade her into helping him access the Jedi Temple. She learns from the Minister that the portal Ezra opened was not just an entrance into the temple, but also a pathway between all time and space. Such a place could give the Emperor the power to control the entire universe.
Still wandering in the realm, Ezra heard many familiar and unfamiliar voices. He approached one of the portals and met up with a Convor above. Then much to his shock, the portal in front of him projected a flashback of when Ahsoka trapped herself inside the Malachor Sith Temple to hold off Darth Vader. Watching, the battle between Ahsoka and Vader continued as the temple began to collapse. Ahsoka crated a chasm that Vader would fall into, and just before he struck the potential final blow, she got pulled through the portal by Ezra. After being pulled into the realm, Ahsoka was confused on where she was and why Ezra looked different. Ezra filled her in on what had happened over the past year and Kanan's demise. Meanwhile, Minister Hydan was going through the artistry they had uncovered with Sabine, who refused to help him. It was not until he brought in some brutal force that she finally cooperated. Hera, Zeb, and Chopper made it down to the dig site with a plan to rescue Sabine from Minister Hydan, and hopefully Ezra.
Back in the realm, Ezra told Ahsoka about the Loth-Wolf he met named "Dume". Ahsoka had reason to believe that Kanan's will is still at work as the wolf. According to her, those who have passed on still have the ability guide and influence the living through the Force. By following this line of reasoning, Ezra then realized that if he was able to alter Ahsoka's fate, he could alter Kanan's as well. However, Ahsoka convinced him not to because if he saved him, they will all die since Kanan gave his life to save him. He almost reached out through a portal that showed the moment Kanan died, but then held back, reluctantly accepting his master's fate. The two decided it was time to leave and seal the realm. However, Ahsoka could not return with Ezra. She had to return to her own timeline. Just then, Darth Sidious appeared from one of the portals and tried to abduct Ezra. Ahsoka saved him and the two took different paths, promising to find each other again. Ahsoka entered a portal and was sent back to Malachor with her Convor friend, Morai.
Meanwhile, Hera and Zeb caused Minister Hydan's mobile office to tilt over, allowing Sabine to escape. Ezra emerged from the portal, and the Rebels made their way to the rock painting. As they fought off the Imperials, Ezra activated the Son figure, which caused the temple to collapse. In the process he falls unconscious. The Rebels climbed aboard a mining vehicle and escaped as the temple collapsed, consuming Hydan and everything else. By morning, Ezra regained consciousness, and found the Jedi Temple buried beneath the earth. Walking up to Hera, he understood what they had to do now, and what Kanan taught him. Before leaving with his fellow Rebels, he saw a Loth-Wolf in the distance. He bids Kanan farewell and the Loth-Wolf disappeared into the rising sun.
- Taylor Gray as Ezra Bridger
- Vanessa Marshall as Hera Syndulla
- Tiya Sircar as Sabine Wren
- Steven Blum as Garazeb Orrelios / Stormtrooper
- Ian McDiarmid as Darth Sidious
- Freddie Prinze, Jr. as Kanan Jarrus
- Ashley Eckstein as Ahsoka Tano
- Malcolm McDowell as Veris Hydan
- James Earl Jones as Darth Vader (Uncredited)
- Frank Oz as Yoda (Uncredited)
- Matt Lanter as Anakin Skywalker (Uncredited)
- James Arnold Taylor, Stephen Stanton, and Alec Guinness as Obi-Wan Kenobi (Uncredited)
- Sam Witwer as Son (Uncredited)
- Adrienne Wilkinson as Daughter (Uncredited)
- Lloyd Sherr as Father (Uncredited)
- Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa (Uncredited)
- Lupita Nyong'o as Maz Kanata (Uncredited)
- Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon Jinn (Uncredited)
- Felicity Jones as Jyn Erso (Uncredited)
- Donnie Yen as Chirrut Îmwe (Uncredited)
- Adam Driver as Kylo Ren (Uncredited)
- Daisy Ridley as Rey (Uncredited)
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron (Uncredited)
- This episode and "Wolves and a Door" were originally conceptualized as one episode titled "Past, Present and Future" before they were split, wherein this episode was retitled "Future".
- In addition to clips from previous episodes of Rebels, this episode used archival audio from Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Force Awakens, Rogue One, and numerous episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Veris Hydan is killed off in this episode.